Congratulations to our friends at Koloa Rum in Hawaii!
Competing against rums from 22 countries, as well as 6 states and territories, Koloa Rum was recently awarded an impressive 5 Gold Medals at the 2016 Miami Rum Renaissance Festival, held in April. Koloa Rum’s newest product, Kauai Coffee Rum, was singled out for the highest award offered, a “Best in Class” Gold Medal for flavored rums.
The Festival awards are judged by a distinguished panel of RumXP judges who are sequestered for three days of blind tastings. The Renaissance Rum Festival judges granted the following awards to Koloa Rum:
- Koloa Rum’s Kauai White Rum - Gold Medal in the Premium White Rum category
- Koloa Kauai Gold Rum - Gold Medal in the Gold Rum category
- Koloa Kauai Spice Rum - Gold Medal in the Spiced Rum category.
- Koloa Kauai Dark - Gold Medal in the Black Rum category
- Koloa Kauai Coffee Rum - "Best in Class" Gold Medal in the Flavored Rum category
Koloa Rum also won awards in the festival’s 2016 Consumer Rum Jury Awards; winning Gold Medals for both Kauai Coffee and Kauai Coconut Rums, and a Silver Medal for Kauai Dark Rum.
Earlier this year, Koloa Rum’s Kauai Coffee Rum won a Gold Medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, one of the most respected and influential spirits competitions in the world.
If you'd like to read more about Koloa Rum and their impressive list of awards this year, please visit www.koloarum.com.